Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thing #17

Social Bookie

   I am proud to admit that I am a veteran tagger ––a Social Bookie, if you will.  I love keeping things organized due to a very fun mental disorder that I have.  Tourette's Syndrome (TS) keeps my OCD in full effect, affecting me as much as it possibly can.  I am okay with this.  It has proven to help my wife find our wedding vowels, my brother to find the right logistics program, and me to be constantly organized with material things.  My thoughts are a different thing.

      I have been using two of the following sites for quite some time now, Stumbleupon and Delicious.  Both of these sites are great for tagging all of the material that is within my interest and are used to keep my mind very organized when I am searching for new ideas and information online.  Bookmark heaven, to say the least!

     I also looked into a new site for myself known as Digg.  Digg uses many of the same tools as Delicious and Stumbleupon, but i didn't find it as visually appealing as the other two sites, so I will be completely honest with you in that I didn't spend much time exploring the true potentials of this site; however, I do have faith that it is very efficient at tagging and so forth.

Let's use this for our future

   Another great part of tagging is it sets you up for success in the future.  I want to be prepared for my class when they need resources to use.  I know that I am enabling my self to be a great teacher by preparing for tomorrow.  I always make a separate account for myself when tagging educational items.  I use the settings to only allow sites that are appropriate for all ages.  
     
     Using these tags could save you so many hours of planning.  Find yourself some good unit plans online, and make sure to tag other teachers within that subject area.  This is a show of good faith and practice and I can guarantee that it will prove to be a tenfold return on those days when your creative mind motor is running on empty.

     Use the tags, Use the bookmarks, Use your friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment